WordPress Help Plugin – Free Download
With every website I deliver to a client, I provide them with a User Guide. There was a lot of overlap between each one built using WordPress, so I thought it would be be better to add the guide to the website itself. That way it’s always there when the client needs it rather than them having dig through mounds of paperwork to find it every time. I therefore decided to make a WordPress Help Plugin and, because I’m so lovely, I’m offering it to you to download for free.
Before we get to the actual download though, here’s what it does:
- It changes Posts to News Items (in name only, not functionality)
- It adds a Help menu to the left sidebar of the admin area
- The menu has sections on adding, editing and deleting News Items and Pages
- It also has a section on adding links, images and videos
- It adds a tab to the contextual Help box on the top right with links to relevant Help sections
- It removes unnecessary admin menu items like Tools (doesn’t delete pages, just hides them)
That’s it for now, but I may update and add things over time if there is demand.
- Click the link above to download the plugin and make sure you save it somewhere sensible that you’ll remember
- Log in to your WordPress website’s admin area
- Go to Plugins > Add New on the menu to the left
- Click on Upload just below the main heading
- Click on Browse, then find the .zip file you downloaded earlier and click Open
- Then click Install Now and the plugin should install
- Once installation is complete, click Activate Plugin to activate it
I hope this helps you with your website. If you want more stuff done to your website, you can hire someone like me. Cheers, see you next week.
8th June 2013